Place:


Ashby de la Launde  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashby de la Launde like this:

ASHBY-DE-LA-LAUND, a parish in Sleaford district, Lincoln; 4½ miles N of Sleaford r. station. Post Town, Digby under Sleaford. Acres, 2,880. Real property, £2,938. Pop., 176. Houses, 28. The property is not much divided. Ashby-Lannd House is an old mansion, the seat of J. W. King, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £299. Patron, J. W. King, Esq. The church is good. Charities, £9.

Ashby de la Launde through time

Ashby de la Launde is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ashby de la Launde itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashby de la Launde, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11415

Date accessed: 16th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ashby de la Launde ".