In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Thurlaston like this:
THURLASTON, a parish, with a village and two townships, in Blaby district, Leicester; 3½ miles SSE of Desford r. station, and 6 NE of Hinckley. It has a post-office under Hinckley. Acres, 2,980. Real property, £5,914. Pop., 698. Houses, 148. The property is much subdivided. Normanton Hall belongs to W. Worswick, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £400.* Patron, the Rev. J. Arkwright. The church was recently restored. There are a national school, and charities £10.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Thurlaston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Blaby. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Thurlaston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Thurlaston, in Blaby and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd August 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Thurlaston".