Place:


Stanton under Bardon  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Stanton under Bardon like this:

STANTON-UNDER-BARDON, a township-chapelry in Thornton parish, Leicester; near Bardon Hill r. station, 1½ mile NW of Thornton village. Post town, Thornton, under Leicester. Acres, 1,400. Real property, £1, 952. Pop., 312. Houses, 64. The manor belongs to Earl Grey. The living is annexed to Thornton. There is a Wesleyan chapel.

Stanton under Bardon through time

Stanton under Bardon is now part of Hinckley and Bosworth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Hinckley and Bosworth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Stanton under Bardon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Stanton under Bardon, in Hinckley and Bosworth and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11290

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Stanton under Bardon ".