In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Slawston like this:
SLAWSTON, a parish, with a village, in the district of Uppingham and county of Leicester; 2½ miles NW of Medbourne-Bridge r. station, and 5½ NE of Market-Harborough. Post town, Market-Harborough. Acres, 1,510. Real property, £3,241. Pop., 246. Houses, 59. The manor belongs to the Earl of Cardigan. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £174.* Patron, the Earl of Cardigan. The church is of the 13th century, and has a tower and spire. There is an Independent chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Slawston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Harborough. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Slawston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Slawston, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Slawston".