Place:


St Harmon  Radnorshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Harmon like this:

HARMON (ST.) a parish in Rhayader district, Radnor; on an affluent of the river Wye, under Rhydd-Hywel, 4 miles NNE of Rhayader r. station. It contains the township of Cenarth, Clase, and Rhuwrriad; and its post-town is Rhayader. Acres, 12,000. Real property, £3,207. Pop., 902. Houses, 152. The property is subdivided. The rocks include slate. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £161. Patron, the Bishop of St. Davids. The church is good.

St Harmon through time

St Harmon is now part of Powys district. Click here for graphs and data of how Powys has changed over two centuries. For statistics about St Harmon itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Harmon, in Powys and Radnorshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11278

Date accessed: 11th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " St Harmon ".