Place:


Prinknash Park  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Prinknash Park like this:

PRINKNASH PARK, an extra-parochial tract, in the district and county of Gloucester; 2 miles N of Painswick. Acres, 300. Real property, £490. Pop., 17. House, 1. The house was the country seat of the abbots of Gloucester; gave entertainment to Henry VIII.; passed to the Bridgmans and the Howells; is now the seat of J. Ackers, Esq.; includes an ancient chapel; and was recently well-restored.

Prinknash Park through time

Prinknash Park is now part of Stroud district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stroud has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Prinknash Park itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Prinknash Park, in Stroud and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11107

Date accessed: 20th November 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Prinknash Park ".