In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Poulton like this:
POULTON-WITH-FEARNHEAD, a township in Warrington parish, Lancashire; 2½ miles N E of Warrington r. station. Acres, 1, 233. Real property, £4,087. Pop., 672. Houses, 131. The church of Padgate chapelry, a Wesleyan chapel, and an endowed national school are here.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Poulton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Warrington. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Poulton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Poulton, in Warrington and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th September 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Poulton".