In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Duntisbourne Rouse like this:
DUNTISBORNE-ROUSE, a parish in Cirencester district, Gloucester; adjacent to Ermine-street, 4 miles NNW of Cirencester town and r. station. Post town, Daglingworth, under Cirencester. Acres, 1, 730. Real property, £1, 889. Pop., 127. Houses, 30. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £243.* Patron, Christ church college, Oxford. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Duntisbourne Rouse has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cotswold. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Duntisbourne Rouse and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Duntisbourne Rouse, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 17th January 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Duntisbourne Rouse".