Place:


Coln St Aldwyns  Gloucestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coln St Aldwyns like this:

COLN-ST. ALDWIN, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; on the river Colne and the Fosse way, 3 miles N by W of Fairford, and 8½ ENE of Cirencester r. station. It has a post office under Swindon. Acres, 3, 420. Real property, £3, 107. Pop., 516. Houses, 101. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £103.* Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Gloucester. The church is variously Norman, early English, and perpendicular; and was repaired in 1853. Charities, £14.

Coln St Aldwyns through time

Coln St Aldwyns is now part of Cotswold district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cotswold has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Coln St Aldwyns itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coln St Aldwyns, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10552

Date accessed: 21st October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Coln St Aldwyns ".