Place:


Willey  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Willey like this:

WILLEY, a parish in Madeley district, Salop; 1¾ mile W of Linley r. station, and 3¼ E by S of Much-Wenlock. Post town, Broseley, under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 1,390. Real property, £1,349. Pop., 149. Houses, 34. The manor, with W. Hall, belongs to Lord Forester. The living is a rectory, united with Barrow, in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £200. Patron, Lord Forester. The church is good.

Willey through time

Willey is now part of Bridgnorth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bridgnorth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Willey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Willey, in Bridgnorth and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10530

Date accessed: 17th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Willey ".