Place:


Little Wenlock  Shropshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Wenlock like this:

WENLOCK (Little), a parish in Madeley district, Salop; under the Wrekin, 1 mile W of Horsehay r. station, and 3¼ S of Wellington. Post town, Horsehay, under Wellington, Salop. Acres, 2,745. Real property, £4,345; of which £693 are in mines. Pop., 988. Houses, 191. The property belongs to Lord Forester. Coal and iron ore are worked. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £550. Patron, Lord Forester. The church is good.

Little Wenlock through time

Little Wenlock is now part of Telford and Wrekin district. Click here for graphs and data of how Telford and Wrekin has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Wenlock itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Wenlock, in Telford and Wrekin and Shropshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10521

Date accessed: 15th October 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Wenlock ".