Place:


Freckleton  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Freckleton like this:

FRECKLETON, a township-chapelry in Kirkham parish, Lancashire; near Naze Point, on the estuary of the Ribble, 2½ miles SSE of Kirkham r. station, and 7½ W of Preston. It has a post office under Preston. Acres, 2, 659; of which 885 are water. Pop., 879. Houses, 188. A manufacture of sacks and sailcloth, which had been extensively carried on, was recently discontinued. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Warton, in the diocese of Manchester. The church was built in 1838. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels, and a national school.

Freckleton through time

Freckleton is now part of Fylde district. Click here for graphs and data of how Fylde has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Freckleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Freckleton, in Fylde and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10237

Date accessed: 17th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Freckleton ".