Place:


Salford  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Salford like this:

SALFORD, a parish, with a village, in Chipping-Norton district, Oxford; 2 miles W N W of Chipping-Norton r. station. Post-town, Chipping-Norton. Acres, 1, 670. Real property, £2, 745. Pop., 397. Houses, 83. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to H. Dawkins, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £251.* Patron, N. Skillicorne, Esq. The church is Norman and good. There is a Methodist chapel.

Salford through time

Salford is now part of West Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Salford itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Salford in West Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10150

Date accessed: 23rd October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Salford ".