Place:


Whittington  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whittington like this:

WHITTINGTON, a chapelry in Worcester-St. Peter parish, Worcestershire; 2¼ miles SE by S of Worcester r. station. Post town, Worcester. Acres, 989. Pop., 309. Houses, 75. W. Lodge is the seat of A.Hooper, Esq. The living is annexed to W.-St. Peter. The church is modern.

Whittington through time

Whittington is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whittington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whittington, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10139

Date accessed: 18th October 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whittington ".