Place:


Salwarpe  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Salwarpe like this:

SALWARPE, a parish, with a village, in Droitwich district, Worcester; on the S. river, the Droitwich canal, and the Wolverhampton and Worcester railway, 2 miles S W by W of Droitwich. It has a pillar-box under Droitwich. Acres, 1,850. Real property, £4, 398. Pop., 442. Houses, 94. The manor, with High Park, belongs to R. ...


A. D. Gresley, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £540.* Patron, the Rev. W. W. Douglas. The church was partly restored, partly rebuilt, in 1848; and has some Normanarches, decorated English aisles, and a later English tower. There are an endowed school with £20 a year, and charities £5.

Salwarpe through time

Salwarpe is now part of Wychavon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Wychavon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Salwarpe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Salwarpe, in Wychavon and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10081

Date accessed: 16th December 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Salwarpe ".