Place:


Broughton East  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Broughton East like this:

BROUGHTON (East), or Broughton-Field, a township-chapelry in Cartmel parish, Lancashire; 4 miles N of Cartmel r. station, and 7 NE of Ulverstone. Post Town, Cartmel, under Newton-in-Cartmel. Acres, 2,830. Real property, £4,332. Pop., 534. Houses, 107. The property is subdivided. Broughton Grove, Broughton Hall, and Broughton Lodge are chief residences. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Carlisle. Value, £67.* Patron, the Duke of Devonshire. The church is good.

Broughton East through time

Broughton East is now part of South Lakeland district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Lakeland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Broughton East itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Broughton East, in South Lakeland and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10029

Date accessed: 16th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Broughton East ".