BINLEY, a parish in Foleshill district, Warwick; on the river Sow, adjacent to the Northwestern railway, 2½ miles E of Coventry. It includes the liberty of Earnsford; and its Post Town is Coventry. Acres, 2,470. Real property, £2,356. Pop., 196. Houses, 51. The manor belongs to Earl Craven; and Binley Hall is the seat of the Lloyds. The living is a donative in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £52. Patron, Earl Craven. The church was built by the sixth Lord Craven, and is a Grecian structure, with a medallioned roof. Charities, £6. Wagstaffe, the non-juring bishop, was a native.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Binley Woods Ch/CP Foleshill PLU/RegD Warwickshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.