BROUGHTON, a parish in St. Ives district, Huntingdonshire; on an affluent of the river Nen, 4½ miles W of Somersham r. station, and 5 NE of Huntingdon. Post Town, Old Hurst, under Huntingdon. Acres, 2,950. Real property, £2,707. Pop., 376. Houses, 92. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Ely. Value, £283.* Patron,-the Rev. G. Johnston. The church was recently restored.
(John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72))
|Feature Description:||"a parish" (ADL Feature Type: "countries, 4th order divisions")|
|Administrative units:||Broughton AP/CP St Ives PLU/RegD Huntingdonshire AncC|
Go to the linked place page for a location map, and for access to other historical writing about the place. Pages for linked administrative units may contain historical statistics and information on boundaries.