Administrative unit

Marston EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Click on the hyperlinks for direct access to key graphs and tables.

Here we are presenting statistics for a historical unit, which may have changed its boundaries significantly during the period covered.

Preferred Name:
MARSTON
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (1777 - 1850)
Date created:
1777
Date abolished:
1850
Unit ID:
10288605
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 417.

Alternative names

The following alternative names exist:

Name Status Language Start End Authority
MARSTON WITH WHITGREAVES Official English   1846 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 417.
MARSTON Preferred English 1777 1850 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 417.

Unit associations

This unit was associated with the following other units:

Nature of association Other unit involved Type of unit Authority
was preceded by MARSTON Ch/CP Parish-level Unit F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 417.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
STAFFORDSHIRE Ancient County 1777 1850 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 417.

Boundary changes

We know of no boundary changes affecting this unit.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Marston EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10288605

Date accessed: 29th May 2020