Administrative unit

Branston EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Click on the hyperlinks for direct access to key graphs and tables.

Here we are presenting statistics for a historical unit, which may have changed its boundaries significantly during the period covered.

Preferred Name:
BRANSTON
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish (after 1870)
Date created:
1870
Date abolished:
 
Unit ID:
10273821
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 404.

Alternative names

The following alternative names exist:

Name Status Language Start End Authority
BRANSTONE Official English   1958 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 404.
BRANSTON Preferred English 1870   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 404.

Unit associations

We know of no associations with other units.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
STAFFORDSHIRE Ancient County 1870   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Northern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1991), p. 404.

Boundary changes

We know of no boundary changes affecting this unit.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Branston EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10273821

Date accessed: 01st June 2020