Administrative unit

Ringwood EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Click on the hyperlinks for direct access to key graphs and tables.

Here we are presenting statistics for a historical unit, which may have changed its boundaries significantly during the period covered.

Preferred Name:
RINGWOOD
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Date created:
 
Date abolished:
 
Unit ID:
10077461
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 218.

Alternative names

The following alternative names exist:

Name Status Language Start End Authority
RINGWOOD Preferred English     F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 218.
RINGWOOD WITH POULNER AND BISTERNE Alternate English     F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 218.

Unit associations

This unit was associated with the following other units:

Nature of association Other unit involved Type of unit Authority
was preceded by RINGWOOD AP/CP Parish-level Unit F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 218.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
HAMPSHIRE Ancient County     F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 218.
CHRISTCHURCH Rural Deanery 1892 1908 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 218.
CHRISTCHURCH Rural Deanery 1912   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 218.
FORDINGBRIDGE Rural Deanery   1856 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 218.
RINGWOOD Rural Deanery 1908 1912 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 218.
WEST FORDINGBRIDGE Rural Deanery 1856 1892 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 218.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1970 was reduced to create ST LEONARDS AND ST IVES EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 218.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Ringwood EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10077461

Date accessed: 23rd June 2021