Administrative unit

Ovington EP

Ecclesiastical Parish

Click on the hyperlinks for direct access to key graphs and tables.

Here we are presenting statistics for a historical unit, which may have changed its boundaries significantly during the period covered.

Preferred Name:
OVINGTON
Unit Type:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Status:
Ecclesiastical Parish
Date created:
 
Date abolished:
1973
Unit ID:
10072270
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 216.

Notes:

Peculiar jurisdiction until 1845

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

This unit was associated with the following other units:

Nature of association Other unit involved Type of unit Authority
was preceded by OVINGTON AP/CP Parish-level Unit F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 216.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
HAMPSHIRE Ancient County   1973 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 216.
ALRESFORD Rural Deanery 1845 1973 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 216.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
1973 was abolished to create OVINGTON AND ITCHEN STOKE EP   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 216.

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, Ovington EP through time | Census tables with data for the Ecclesiastical Parish, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10072270

Date accessed: 21st September 2021