Available Themes

Population

Population

Densities and rates of growth. Age structure: concentrations of young people, and of the old.
Housing

Housing

Numbers of houses. Overcrowding: persons per room. Amenities: central heating, baths and WCs.

Click on the hyperlinks for direct access to key graphs and tables.

Here we are presenting statistics for a historical unit, which may have changed its boundaries significantly during the period covered.

Preferred Name:
ST LEONARDS AND ST IVES
Unit Type:
Parish-level Unit
Status:
Civil Parish (after 1932)
Date created:
1932
Date abolished:
 
Unit ID:
10068988
Authorities:
F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 219.

Alternative names

We know of no alternate names.

Unit associations

This unit was associated with the following other units:

Nature of association Other unit involved Type of unit Authority
was succeeded by ST LEONARDS AND ST IVES EP Ecclesiastical Parish F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 219.

Unit history

This unit was part of the following units:

Name Type Start End Authority
HAMPSHIRE Ancient County 1932   F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 219.
RINGWOOD AND FORDINGBRIDGE RD Local Government District 1932 1974 F. Youngs, Local Administrative Units: Southern England (London: Royal Historical Society, 1979), p. 620.

Boundary changes

This unit was affected by the following changes:

Date Type of change Other unit involved Area transferred Authority
01 Apr 1932 was created from part of HURN CP Area: 1494 acres. Population in 1931: 101.   1931 Census of England and Wales, Table B, 'Areas altered between 26th April, 1931 and 30th June, 1934, showing constitution as at the latter date, in terms of constitution as at the former date, together with particulars of acreage and population'.; M. of H. Order No. 76235. The County of Southampton Review Order, 1932
01 Apr 1932 was created from part of RINGWOOD AP/CP Area: 4660 acres. Population in 1931: 855.   1931 Census of England and Wales, Table B, 'Areas altered between 26th April, 1931 and 30th June, 1934, showing constitution as at the latter date, in terms of constitution as at the former date, together with particulars of acreage and population'.; M. of H. Order No. 76235. The County of Southampton Review Order, 1932
15 Aug 1947 was reduced to enlarge WEST PARLEY CP/AP Area: 1 acres.   1951 Census of England and Wales, Table 5, 'Intercensal changes of Boundary (between 30th June, 1934, and 8th April, 1951)', for 'Administrative Areas (excluding Wards)'.; M. of H. Order under Section 145 of the LGA, 1933 (Alteration of watercourse)
15 Aug 1947 was enlarged by gaining part of WEST PARLEY CP/AP Area: 1 acres.   1951 Census of England and Wales, Table 5, 'Intercensal changes of Boundary (between 30th June, 1934, and 8th April, 1951)', for 'Administrative Areas (excluding Wards)'.; M. of H. Order under Section 145 of the LGA, 1933 (Alteration of watercourses)

Lower level units

We know of no units which were contained within this unit.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, St Leonards and St Ives CP through time | Census tables with data for the Parish-level Unit, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/unit/10068988

Date accessed: 19th September 2020