Place:


Woodcott  Hampshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Woodcott like this:

WOODCOTT, or Woodcutt, a parish in Kingsclere district, Hants; 4½ miles NNW of Whitchurch r. station. Post town, Newbury. Acres, 1,350. Real property, £1,200. Pop., 80. Houses, 17. The manor belongs to the Earl of Carnarvon. The living is a donative in the diocese of Winchester. Value, £20. Patron, the Earl of Carnarvon. The church was rebuilt in 1704.

Woodcott through time

Woodcott is now part of Basingstoke and Deane district. Click here for graphs and data of how Basingstoke and Deane has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Woodcott itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Woodcott, in Basingstoke and Deane and Hampshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/2926

Date accessed: 17th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Woodcott ".