Place:


Eskadale  Inverness Shire

 

In 1882-4, Frances Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland described Eskadale like this:

Eskadale, a hamlet and a mansion in Kiltarlity parish, Inverness-shire, on the right bank of the river Beauly, 7 miles SW of Beauly town. The hamlet is small and rural, but contains a neat Roman Catholic church, St Mary's (1826; 600 sittings). The mansion, 1 mile nearer Beauly, is a handsome edifice, and commands an extensive view of Strathglass.

Eskadale through time

Eskadale is now part of Highland district. Click here for graphs and data of how Highland has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Eskadale itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Eskadale, in Highland and Inverness Shire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/22099

Date accessed: 25th February 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Eskadale ".