Place:


Redlynch  Wiltshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Redlynch like this:

REDLYNCH, a hamlet and a chapelry in Downton parish, Wilts. The hamlet lies near the S verge of thecounty, 1½ mile E of the river Avon, 5¾ S W of Dean r.station, and 7 S E by S of Salisbury; and has a post-office under Salisbury. The chapelry was constituted in 1841. Pop., 1, 170. Houses, 280. The property is munch sub-divided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, not reported. Patron, the Vicar of Downton. The church is good.

Redlynch through time

Redlynch is now part of Salisbury district. Click here for graphs and data of how Salisbury has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Redlynch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Redlynch, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/12070

Date accessed: 27th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Redlynch ".