Place:


Orleton  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Orleton like this:

ORLETON, a chapelry in Eastham parish, Worcester; on the river Teme, 4½ miles S E of Neen-Sollers r. station, and 6½ E by S of Tenbury. Post-town, Tenbury. Acres, 538. Rated property, £757. Pop., 99. Houses, 20. The property is divided among a few. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Eastham, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is good.

Orleton through time

Orleton is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Orleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Orleton, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9997

Date accessed: 19th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Orleton ".