Place:


Bispham  Lancashire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bispham like this:

BISPHAM, a township in Croston parish, Lancashire; near the river Douglas, 2 miles E of Rufford r. station, and 6 NE of Ormskirk. Acres, 926. Real property, 1,740. Pop., 277. Houses, 48. A free grammar school here, founded in 1692, has an income of £162.

Bispham through time

Bispham is now part of West Lancashire district. Click here for graphs and data of how West Lancashire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bispham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bispham in West Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9982

Date accessed: 03rd December 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bispham ".