Place:


Little Milton  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Milton like this:

MILTON (LITTLE), a parish, with a village, in Thame district, Oxford; on the river Thame, 4½ miles W by S of Tetsworth, and 7 SW by W of Thame r. station. Post town, Tetsworth. Acres, 1,660. Real property, £2,969. Pop., 411. Houses, 89. The manor belongs to M. P. W. Boulton, Esq. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £250.* Patron, the Bishop of Oxford. The church was built in 1844; is in the early English style; and consists of nave and chancel, with a tower. There is a parochial school.

Little Milton through time

Little Milton is now part of South Oxfordshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how South Oxfordshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Milton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Milton in South Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9970

Date accessed: 12th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Milton ".