Place:


Kyre Magna  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Kyre Magna like this:

KYRE (GREAT), or Kyre-Wyard, a parish in Tenbury district, Worcester; adjacent to Herefordshire, 4 miles SE of Tenbury r. station. It has a post-office, of the name of Kyre, under Tenbury. Acres, 1,520. Real property, 1,459. Pop., 154. Houses, 36. The property is divided between two. Kyre House belonged formerly to the Pytts and the Childes, and belongs now to T. Oxley, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £115. Patron, W. L. Childe, Esq. The church is good.

Kyre Magna through time

Kyre Magna is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Kyre Magna itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Kyre Magna, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9930

Date accessed: 29th June 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Kyre Magna ".