Place:


Grafton Manor  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grafton Manor like this:

GRAFTON-MANOR, an extra-parochial tract in Droitwich district, Worcester; near the Birmingham and Gloucester railway, and the Worcester and Birmingham canal, 2 miles SW of Bromsgrove. Acres, 1, 300. Real property, £2, 447. Pop., 52. Houses, 8. The manor belongs to the Earl of Shrewsbury; and the manor-house is occupied by Captain Bourne. There is a Roman Catholic chapel.

Grafton Manor through time

Grafton Manor is now part of Bromsgrove district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bromsgrove has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Grafton Manor itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grafton Manor, in Bromsgrove and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9885

Date accessed: 29th November 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Grafton Manor ".