Place:


Hardwick  Oxfordshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Hardwick like this:

HARDWICK, a parish in Bicester district, Oxford; 5 miles N of Bicester town and r. station. Post-town, Hethe, under Bicester. Acres, with Tusmore, 990. Real property, £1,170. Pop., 59. Houses, 15. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford. Value, £92. Patron, B. Richmond, Esq. The church is ancient, and has a well-preserved fine Norman door.

Hardwick through time

Hardwick is now part of Cherwell district. Click here for graphs and data of how Cherwell has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Hardwick itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Hardwick, in Cherwell and Oxfordshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9825

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Hardwick ".