Place:


Cramlington  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cramlington like this:

CRAMLINGTON, a chapelry in St. Andrew parish, Northumberland; on the North Eastern railway, near the river Blythe, 6¾ miles SSE of Morpeth. It has a station on the railway, and a post office, of the name of Cramlington, Northumberland. Acres, 3, 492. Real property, £37, 417; of which £25, 451 are in mines. Pop., 3, 301. Houses, 675. The property is divided among three. Coal is largely worked. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Durham. Value, £100.* Patron, Sir M. W. Ridley, Bart. A new church, at a cost of about £3, 000, was built in 1868.

Cramlington through time

Cramlington is now part of Blyth Valley district. Click here for graphs and data of how Blyth Valley has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cramlington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cramlington, in Blyth Valley and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/981

Date accessed: 27th September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cramlington ".