Place:


Cofton Hackett  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cofton Hackett like this:

COSTON-HACKETT, Corton-Hackett, or Cofton-Hackett, a parish in Bromsgrove district, Worcester; on the Birmingham and Gloucester railway, adjacent to the Birmingham canal, near Barnt-Green r. station, 4¼ miles NE by N of Bromsgrove. Post town, Northfield, under Birmingham. Acres, 1, 261. Real property, £2, 389. Pop., 173. Houses, 35. The property is divided among a few. Coston Hall is a chief residence The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Northfield, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is ancient.

Cofton Hackett through time

Cofton Hackett is now part of Bromsgrove district. Click here for graphs and data of how Bromsgrove has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Cofton Hackett itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cofton Hackett, in Bromsgrove and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9770

Date accessed: 21st October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Cofton Hackett ".