Place:


Ulgham  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ulgham like this:

ULGHAM, a parish, with a village, in Morpeth district, Northumberland; 2 miles S of Widdrington r. station, and 4¾ NNE of Morpeth. Post town, Morpeth. Acres, 3,615. Real property, £3,293. Pop., 362. Houses, 71. The manor belongs to the Earl of Carlisle. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to Morpeth. The church was rebuilt in 1864. There is an endowed school.

Ulgham through time

Ulgham is now part of Castle Morpeth district. Click here for graphs and data of how Castle Morpeth has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Ulgham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ulgham, in Castle Morpeth and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9737

Date accessed: 26th May 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Ulgham ".