Place:


Bockleton  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bockleton like this:

BOCKLETON, a parish in the districts of Tenbury and Bromyard, and counties of Worcester and Hereford; and a subdistrict in the district of Tenbury. The parish lies 5 miles S of Tenbury r. station, and 6 E by N of Leominster; and it includes the hamlet of Hampton-Charles, and has a post office under Tenbury. ...


Acres, 3,229. Real property, £2,588. Pop., 346. Houses, 74. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford. Value, £127.* Patron, the Rev. J. J. Miller. The church is good.-The subdistrict contains five parishes and parts of two others. Acres, 17,777. Pop., 3,046. Houses, 6 48.

Bockleton through time

Bockleton is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bockleton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bockleton, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9727

Date accessed: 10th April 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bockleton ".