Place:


Sandhoe  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sandhoe like this:

SANDHOE, a township in St. John-Lee parish, Northumberland; 4 miles E N E of Hexham. Acres, 1, 648. Pop., 266. Houses, 44. S. House. a fine modern mansion, is the seat of R. Errington, Esq.; and Beaufront, aconspicuous castellated mansion, on the site of an old residence of the Carnabys, is the seat of W. Cuthbert, Esq.

Sandhoe through time

Sandhoe is now part of Tynedale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tynedale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Sandhoe itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sandhoe, in Tynedale and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9652

Date accessed: 18th January 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Sandhoe ".