Place:


Rennington  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rennington like this:

RENNINGTON, a township-chapelry in Embleton parish, Northumberland; ¾ of a mile W by N of Little Mill r. station, and 3¾ N E by N of Alnwick. Post-town, Chathill. Acres, 1,812. Rated property, £1, 680. Pop., 263. Houses, 51. The property belongs to the Duke of Northumberland. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Durham. Value, £86.* Patron, the Vicar of Embleton. The church is recent; and was preceded by an ancient chapel, originally connected with Lindis-farne priory. There is a national school.

Rennington through time

Rennington is now part of Alnwick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Alnwick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Rennington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rennington, in Alnwick and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9622

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rennington ".