Place:


Bayton  Worcestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bayton like this:

BAYTON, a parish in the district of Cleobury-Mortimer and county of Worcester; on the verge of the county, 6 miles W by S of Bewdley r. station. It has a post office under Bewdley. Acres, 1,960. Real property, £2,587. Pop., 447. Houses, 100. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Mamble, in the diocese of Hereford. The church is good.

Bayton through time

Bayton is now part of Malvern Hills district. Click here for graphs and data of how Malvern Hills has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bayton itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bayton, in Malvern Hills and Worcestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9595

Date accessed: 15th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bayton ".