Place:


Newstead  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Newstead like this:

NEWSTEAD, a township in Bambrough parish, Northumberland; 5 miles S S E of Belford. It includes Brickwoodhall, Rayhugh, Rosebrough, Clattery, Common-Flat, and Lanehead. Acres, 1, 988. Pop., 116. Houses, 22. The manor belongs to the Duke of Northumberland.

Newstead through time

Newstead is now part of Berwick upon Tweed district. Click here for graphs and data of how Berwick upon Tweed has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Newstead itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Newstead, in Berwick upon Tweed and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9563

Date accessed: 21st October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Newstead ".