Place:


Newham  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Newham like this:

NEWHAM, a township in Bambrough parish, Northumberland; on the North eastern railway, 5½ miles S E of Belford. It has a station on the railway . Acres, 2, 568. Pop., 328. Houses, 57. The manor belongs to the Duke of Northumberland.

Newham through time

Newham is now part of Berwick upon Tweed district. Click here for graphs and data of how Berwick upon Tweed has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Newham itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Newham, in Berwick upon Tweed and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9558

Date accessed: 10th July 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Newham ".