Place:


Lucker  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lucker like this:

LUCKER, a township-chapelry in Bambrough parish, Northumberland; on the Northeastern railway, 3¼ miles SE by S of Belford. It has a station on the railway; and its Post town is Belford. Acres, 1,808. Rated property, £2,460. Pop., 281. Houses, 48. The manor belongs to the Duke of Northumberland. Lucker Hall is a chief residence. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Durham. Value, £62.* Patron, the Duke of Northumberland. The church is good; and there is a national school.

Lucker through time

Lucker is now part of Berwick upon Tweed district. Click here for graphs and data of how Berwick upon Tweed has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Lucker itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lucker, in Berwick upon Tweed and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9466

Date accessed: 20th October 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Lucker ".