Place:


Whitechurch  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Whitechurch like this:

WHITECHURCH, or Eglwys-Wen, a parish in the district of Cardigan and county of Pembroke; 6½ miles SSW of Cardigan r. station. Post town, Cardigan. Acres, 2,481. Real property, £1,589. Pop., 318. Houses, 70. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £113. Patron, T. Lloyd, Esq. The church is bad.

Whitechurch through time

Whitechurch is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Whitechurch itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Whitechurch in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9459

Date accessed: 17th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Whitechurch ".