Place:


Shuttington  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shuttington like this:

SHUTTINGTON, a parish in the district of Tamworth and county of Warwick; 1½ mile NNW of Polesworth r. station, and 3½ E by N of Tamworth. Post town, Tamworth. Acres, 980. Real property, £1,947. Pop., 194. Houses, 38. The manor belongs to the Earl of Essex. A priory, a cell to Malvern abbey, was founded at Alvecote, in 1159, by W. Burdet. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £318. Patron, the Earl of Essex. The church is good.

Shuttington through time

Shuttington is now part of North Warwickshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Warwickshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shuttington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shuttington in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9353

Date accessed: 26th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shuttington ".