Place:


Shottswell  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Shottswell like this:

SHOTSWELL, a parish, with a village, in the district of Banbury and county of Warwick; 2¾ miles WSW of Cropredy r. station, and 4 NNW of Banbury. Post town, Banbury. Acres, 1,860. Real property, £2,345. Pop., 307. Houses, 74. The manor belongs to Col. North. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £157. Patron,Col. North. The church stands on high ground, and has a tower and spire. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £13.

Shottswell through time

Shottswell is now part of Stratford on Avon district. Click here for graphs and data of how Stratford on Avon has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Shottswell itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Shottswell, in Stratford on Avon and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9348

Date accessed: 27th September 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Shottswell ".