Place:


Walton West  Pembrokeshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Walton West like this:

WALTON (West), a parish in Haverfordwest district, Pembroke; on St. Bride's bay, 6½ miles WSW of Haverfordwest r. station. Post town, Haverfordwest. Acres, 1,408; of which 115 are water. Real property, £1,997; of which £380 are in mines. Pop. in 1851, 518; in 1861, 397. Houses, 100. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory, united with Talbenny, in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £354. Patron, the Rev. E. F. Woodman.

Walton West through time

Walton West is now part of Pembrokeshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Pembrokeshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Walton West itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Walton West in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9291

Date accessed: 22nd October 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Walton West ".