Place:


Henshaw  Northumberland

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Henshaw like this:

HENSHAW, a township in Haltwhistle parish, Northumberland; on the South Tyne river, and on the Newcastle and Carlisle railway, near Bardon-Mill r. station, 3½ miles E of Haltwhistle. Acres, 11, 255. Pop., 550. Houses, 126. The manor belongs to Sir Edward Blackett. There are chapels for Wesleyans and Primitive Methodists.

Henshaw through time

Henshaw is now part of Tynedale district. Click here for graphs and data of how Tynedale has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Henshaw itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Henshaw, in Tynedale and Northumberland | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9275

Date accessed: 18th May 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Henshaw ".