Place:


Little Packington  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Little Packington like this:

PACKINGTON (Little), a parish in Meriden district, Warwick; on the Hampton-Junction and Tamworth railway, adjacent to Great Packington, 2 miles N N E of Hampton-Junction r. station, and 3½ N W by W of Meriden. Post-town, Meriden, under Coventry. Acres, 1, 110. Real property, £1, 328. Pop., 124. Houses, 28. The manor belongs to the Earl of Stamford. The living is a rectory, annexed to the vicarage of Great Packington, in the diocese of Worcester. The church is ancient, and has a wooden tower. Charities, £14.

Little Packington through time

Little Packington is now part of North Warwickshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Warwickshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Little Packington itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Little Packington in North Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9254

Date accessed: 14th August 2022


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Little Packington ".