Place:


Norton Lindsey  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Norton Lindsey like this:

NORTON-LINDSEY, or Norton-Superior, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Warwick.; 1¾ mile E S E of Claverdon r. station, and 3½ W S W of Warwick. Post-town, Claverdon, under Warwick. Acres, 568. Real property, £1, 592. Pop., 157. Houses, 41. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Claverdon, in the diocese of Worcester.

Norton Lindsey through time

Norton Lindsey is now part of Warwick district. Click here for graphs and data of how Warwick has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Norton Lindsey itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Norton Lindsey, in Warwick and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9240

Date accessed: 20th February 2020


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Norton Lindsey ".