Place:


Leamington Hastings  Warwickshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Leamington Hastings like this:

LEAMINGTON-HASTINGS, a parish in Rugby district, Warwick; on the river Leam, 1½ mile SE of Birdingbury r. station, and 4 NNE of Southam. It contains the hamlets of Kill, Broadwell, and Kites-Hardwick; and its post town is Stockton, under Rugby. Acres, 3, 244. Real property, £5, 354. ...


Pop., 450. Houses, 105. The manor belonged anciently to the family of Hastang, whence, by corruption, came the postfix name Hastings; and belongs now to the Rev. H. W. Sitwell. L. H. Hall belongs to the Rev. U. W. Sibwell. and is occupied by the Rev. W. Sawyer. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Worcester. Value, £695.* Patron, the Rev. H. W. Sitwell. The church consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower; and is good. There are an endowed school with £55 a year, alms houses with £168, and other charities £70.

Leamington Hastings through time

Leamington Hastings is now part of Rugby district. Click here for graphs and data of how Rugby has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Leamington Hastings itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Leamington Hastings, in Rugby and Warwickshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/9176

Date accessed: 23rd September 2021


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Leamington Hastings ".